What are Vendor Management Services?
Vendor management services (VMS) are the activities included in researching and sourcing vendors; obtaining quotes with pricing, capabilities, turnaround times, and quality of work; negotiating terms; managing relationships; assigning jobs; evaluating performance; and ensuring payments are made. This requires a lot of skills, resources, and time.
Problems with the Do It Yourself model and how we can help
Small to Medium Businesses (SMBs) often struggle with getting the most out of their vendor relationships from the start. Dealing with vendors reactively, or as issues arise, can be detrimental to your business and infuriating for you. Situations such as delayed deliveries, misunderstandings regarding the type of products that suit your operational needs, or even dealing with returns on damaged or in-operational products are a constant concern. All these issues if dealt with by you or your staff are exceedingly time consuming and take away from your already over-full schedule. This is where CompIT Solutions Vendor Management Services (VMS) comes into play. Under your Managed Network Service agreement, we become your company’s partner in forging the right relationships with vendors and holding them accountable under the agreed upon terms. Under the CompIT Solutions VMS model, we take a physical inventory of all of your hardware and software, along with serial numbers, warranties, registrations, licenses, and configurations; keeping them documented for easy access. This helps limit downtime when something breaks or is damaged. Anytime you need a new piece of hardware or are simply having a problem with a particular part of your inventory, just give us a call. Since we have this information on hand, we will take the time to handle the negotiations with the necessary vendors on your behalf. When we’re done, we will inform you of what was done or is expected to be done in real time.
Vendor Management Services and their benefits for organizations
- Sourcing of vendors: IT consulting companies need to have a good grasp of the market in order to know how vendors measure up based on reliability, performance and price.
- Negotiating with vendors: Once those vendors are established as suitable, negotiations begin to take place. Part of the CompIT Solutions VMS is negotiating on costs, higher lines of inventory, and reduction in delays between demand and delivery.
- Identifying vendors that are more appropriate: As time passes not all vendor relationships continue to be beneficial. Our VMS consultants need to be constantly up to date with the market, to know if new vendors could provide improved terms on costs and services.
- Identifying opportunities to consolidate vendors: Part of attaining better pricing and terms in negotiations, is being able to provide vendors with larger or more frequent orders. This is something SMBs are unable to do on their own as the volume of orders is nowhere near to what their IT providers can offer.
- Evaluation of vendor catalogues in order to find products that are more appropriate: Being that IT consultants are technically based, they are able to evaluate vendor catalogues to see if more up to date products can offer companies better results and more work efficiency.
- Managing the transition from one vendor to another: This can be a very trying process if not managed appropriately. IT consultants need to have a thorough record of all equipment and protocols in place for quick data migration, to avoid downtime and in turn loss of income.
At CompIT, we’ll keep you up and running so you can focus on your clients and your business.
For a Free IT Assessment or to get more information about our plans and services. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 732-363-7353.